Sunday, October 08, 2006

F1 ....the True Champion

Although M Schu had to retire due to engine failure in Suzuka I believed he had won more than he lost.

Yes he conceded that he has only an outside chance of winning the Championship with one remaining race in Brazil but he was remarkable in his composure just after walking away from his damaged Ferrari. He was seen consoling his team mates in the pit and his comment "It is lost. I don't want to head off for a race, hoping that my rival has to retire. That is not the way in which I want to win the title." & "We are a great team," Schumacher stated. "Our guys are the best and I have a great affection for everyone at Ferrari and am always more than satisfied in the way we work. Incidents like today's can happen and they are part of racing. You win together but you also lose together. Today we did our best, I was leading the race and then my engine broke. That's the simplest way to sum it up. That is Formula 1". reflect words of a true champion. That to me is the defining moment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?